3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2013 8:25 AM by philmodjunk

Compatibility Issues with Filemaker 11 and OSX Mavericks

natashagoldring

Title

Compatibility Issues with Filemaker 11 and OSX Mavericks

I had to get a new iMac at work as the old one was on its way out. Lucky me I think! Nice shiny new iMac.. with Mavericks all pre-installed!

Start using Filemaker 11.0 again and lo and behold, I can't see the text I am typing. It is there... its just invisible until I click out of the window. Quite annoying really! I try to type an estimate and can't see what I am typing!

I am the busiest account handler out of the team and this is really going to slow me up!

Any updates or fixes available?

We have spent a considerable amount on FM over the years.. and so its really annoying to now not be able to use it properly!

• 1. Re: Compatibility Issues with Filemaker 11 and OSX Mavericks
          philmodjunk

Unfortunately for you, the "updates" would be to upgrade to the latest release of FileMaker 12--12.0v5. As far as I know FileMaker will not be releasing any bug fixes for older versions of their product line.

But what you describe doesn't match any current reports of trouble with FileMaker 11 and Mavericks that I can recall. Please try the following tests to rule out other possible issues.

Create a brand new simple test file with just one or two fields and test it to see if you get the same behavior.

Trying changing the font specified for you field and see if that makes any difference.

• 2. Re: Compatibility Issues with Filemaker 11 and OSX Mavericks
            natashagoldring

Hi! Thanks for your input PhilModJunk

OK I tried changing the font from our corporate one to Arial. That doesn't work.

How do I create a brand new simple test file with just one or two fields?

Do you mean try typing a new estimate within the existing estimate database.. or create a completely new document format? I'm not sure how to do this!

• 3. Re: Compatibility Issues with Filemaker 11 and OSX Mavericks
              philmodjunk

I mean select New Database from the File menu. Name the new file. Define a field or two and see if it shows the same behavior. The idea here is to test a shiny brand new file that can't possibly "inherit" any file corruption from an existing file so as to rule out the possibility that your file or layout is damaged.