AnsweredAssumed Answered

Complex Importing Data issue

Question asked by DgWater on Aug 3, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 by DgWater

Title

Complex Importing Data issue

Hi 

I am trying to do something with import that I have never done before, and I am stumped, I hope someone can help me. 

I am trying to import data into a filemaker database. I am using filemaker 11.  The challenge I have is to "reorganize the data". The current datafile comes from a mysql database. The database tracks  stream water quality sampling - keyed by a "survey" event.  The current file is organized using the following fields- each piece data was given a seperate id. There are 682 events. that I am trying to reorganize the data into. 

Data File (stores all of the sampling data)

- ID,  Parameter ID, Protocol ID, Event ID, num value, text value, notes, timestamp

I want to import that data into a filemaker database/ table  that is organized by event ids with each event table containing fields for each of the different types of data collected. There are approximatley 60 different fields.

New Database Struture

Event ID, Parameter ID, Protocol ID, numvalue, text value, notes, timestamp ; Parameter Id, Protocol ID, numvalue, text value, notes, timestamp - and etc (so it all 60 different fields are imported for each event. 

--

So I am stuck on how to do this.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 

Outcomes