Complex portal problem
I'm in the process of constructing a mockup and I'm having an issue with a 'drill down' portal displaying the proper related records. Here's a rundown of the pertinent relationships:
Project --< Submission --< Assignment >-- Employee
Assignment --< Time
I have constructed a layout showing records from the Project table. On this layout are 3 portals that are set up to auto-filter in order of relationship:
Not sure if I can explain this but.. here's how it works: Click on the first record in the Submission portal, a global field is set and the Assignment portal is filtered on that global, showing all Assignment records (e.g. Employee names) for selected Submission. Works fine. I have the same system set up at the Assignment level. Click on an Assignment record and the Time portal auto-filters for all Time records linked to that Assignment. The filtering works, but the related Employee Name that is displayed is wrong.
I don't think this is a relationship problem, because when I look at the Time table layout, the related data in the Employee::Name field is correct, it's just not displaying properly in the portal..
Example with IDs:
- Project01 has 1 Submission record: Sub01
- Sub01 has 2 Assignment records: Assign05 & Assign06
- Assign05 Employee is John Adams, Assign06 is George Washington
- Assign05 has 2 Time records, Assign06 has 1
- The Time portal filters by Assign ID properly (e.g. if I click on Assign05 in the Assignment portal, the Time portal auto-filters and displays 2 records ID'd as Assign05), but the Employee::Name is always George Washington
I can try to provide more info if necessary. Thanks for your help!