You'll need to restructure your relationships to link your tables more directly to projects, I think.
First, let's see if I understand the details.
Layout is based in Projects and you have 3 portals, one to Submission, Assignment and Time respectively.
This is the part I need to confirm: You have a name field from employee located in the Time portal and it shows the wrong name?
Yes that is all correct.
Next level of detail:
Projects::ProjectID = Submission::ProjectID
Submission::SubmissionID = Assignments::SubmissionID
Employee::EmployeeID = Assignments::EmployeeID
Assignments::AssignmentID = Time::AssignmentID
I had to play with this one a bit. Apparently, this use of a field from Employee evaluates from the context of the current project record. WHen you trace records starting from the project record, you have two employees related to projects. George Washington would then be the first of those two related employees and thus, that's what you see displayed.
I found I could get the Employee name from the context of Time if I defined a calculation field in Time that simply returned Employee::Name. If I put that field in the Time portal, I saw the correct name associated with that time record.
You rule Phil!
I could have also solved this with a second Employee table occurrence:
Time::EmployeeID = Employee2::EmployeeID
But your solution seems 'cleaner' to me
Thanks so much!
I thought of that approach too, but didn't see any value to having such an extra field in the Time table, though you could set it to look up the matching EmployeeID number for assignments.