AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional Calculations?

Question asked by WilliamMartin_1 on Aug 11, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 by WilliamMartin_1

Title

Conditional Calculations?

Hey everyone,

Ok, so on our invoices (I've attached a screenshot of the pertinent area) we enter the Number of items into the "No." field, Select the type of garment or paper from a dropdown list in the "Garment / Paper" field, and at the bottom left a "total pieces" number is calculated by adding together the numbers in the "No." fields.

What I'm trying to do is make it so that when a certain line item (one that's an addition to the cost, but not an addition to the total number pieces) is selected from the dropdown list in the "Garment / Paper" field, it's value in the "No." field is ignored by the "Total Pieces" calculation.

I'm not sure if that is clear, so let me try to give an example of my intended result: Let's say if "American Apparel Tr308 Tank" (from the first line item) was instead - I don't know - "Bloop", the "Total Pieces" calculation would ignore the "No." value for that line, in this case the 54. Does that make sense?

I'm relatively new to filemaker, and this is totally stumping me. I don't feel like I did a great job explaining, so please let me know if there's any information I can give to help.

Thank you guys!

Screen_Shot_2015-08-11_at_11.51.55_AM.png

Outcomes