1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 2:46 PM by MarkHarrison

Conditional field formatting in portal rows when records meet a particular criterion

MarkHarrison

Title

Conditional field formatting in portal rows when records meet a particular criterion

Hi, I have created a database for tracking the keywords I use for pictures I take. I've created a hierarchical taxonomy of keywords with some being the main categories, some subcategories, and some basic terms. While it is somewhat redundant (or was until I thought of this idea), I have created a field to mark records as "category" "subcategory" or "basic term" using radio buttons and a required selection from a Values List. I have used self-joins to relate the terms in their hierarchical structure and I have included a portal that shows the list of terms in the category shown (if applicable) and a field showing the immediate parent to the term being displayed. Each portal row also functions as a button that will goto the record being shown.

I would like the portal rows to appear in different colors depending on whether the term in a given row is another sub-category or if it is a basic term. It would be cool if the record itself could have a different background color depending on its own status, but I haven't investigated that yet.

I have attached a screenshot of the relationships dialogue window for reference. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have never done ANY scripting, so please assume total ignorance if that is the solution.

Keyword_Database_Relationships.jpg