3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 9:20 AM by philmodjunk

Conditional Formating

johnw54

Title

Conditional Formating

I have many records that show in list view.  I have created a global text field in the shape of a rectangle that is placed over other text fields.  When I clik on a specific field in the header I want to toggle between having the field hide the other text fields and then show them.. I have done that with conditional formating.  It works fine but it only works on the first record.  Is there a way to show/hide all of the records in the list.

• 1. Re: Conditional Formating
          philmodjunk

What conditinal format expression are you using that works only with the first record?

An alternate approach to keep in mind is to have two layouts and then your click can swap layouts to hide/show the fields you want to show. The fields would then simply not be part of the second layout.

• 2. Re: Conditional Formating
            johnw54

When you look in the header you see a white box on the right.  When you look at 2nd record you'll notice DEALER, NON STOCKING, DESIGNER etc is still showing.  It should be hidden when you blank out the small white box in the header just like the 1st record is.  The conditional formating is on the blank global text box that is covering the DEALER, etc.  It reads formula is Products::xMarket=1  then fill color is transparent.  Otherwise the fill color is white to hide the text.

• 3. Re: Conditional Formating
              philmodjunk

What storage options are specified for Products::xMarket?

How does xMarket get the value 1? Is it the field in the header formatted with a check box?