2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2012 4:36 AM by jackgr

Conditional Formating Challenge

jackgr

Title

Conditional Formating Challenge

I have 2 fields one is a date field the other has a bill to name, I need to write a formula that looks at both of these fields and returns a conditional warning that the date field has no date in it.

I hope this is clear, as to what I am trying to do, I can get 1/2 of it working but I cant get the conditional format to work when I ask it to look at both fields.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Conditional Formating Challenge
          Sorbsbuster

"a formula that looks at both of these fields and returns a conditional warning that the date field has no date in it." - what's the condition of the second field that it has to evaluate?

If you mean that the condition is for example that there is  a Bill-to name, and yet there is no date, then you could format it to highlight under these conditions:

BillToName  ≠ "" and DateField = ""

• 2. Re: Conditional Formating Challenge
            jackgr

The second field condition is a specific bill to name, since the bill to names can change there is only one bill to name that this applies to, so if the bill to name is "XYZ" but eh date field is not filled in the the conditional warning should execute.