4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 9:09 AM by fluffyone

conditional formating running a script

fluffyone

Title

conditional formating running a script

Hi group

Is it possible to run a script from the conditional formatiing feature? so for an instance if the codition was: value > than 0 then run "script A"

Regards Fluffy

• 1. Re: conditional formating running a script
          philmodjunk

This cannot be done, but a trigger on the field that stores "value" can be set to run a script when the value in the field is changed. The script can exit without doing anything if the value is not less than 0.

If you describe what you want to do here in more detail we might be able to suggest a different option that produces the same result.

• 2. Re: conditional formating running a script
            fluffyone

Hi Phil

I have a field that has special notes in for customers and it is being ignored, so i want to have the following:

when a record is viewd or edited and this field "customer notes" has some content then a big window will pop up showing a really big version of the note and the user will have to close this window after reading it to continue.

I have got the window working, the field will not be entered or changed, but it will have content or it will be blank.

I guess I will run a script trigger on layout load, so that when it opens if field "customernots > 0 then run script "pop up window"  ??

Regards Fluffy

• 3. Re: conditional formating running a script
              philmodjunk

Or possibly OnRecordLoad, depending on your interface design.

Be careful on the use of all such layout based script triggers. If you ahve any scripts that navigate to this layout, they will also trip the same trigger.

• 4. Re: conditional formating running a script
                fluffyone

thanks Phil

I just got this working but need to play to make sure it is what i want. thanks for your help!

regard Fluffy