3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 1:40 PM by TSGal

Conditional Formating...

netguykb

Title

Conditional Formating...

I am trying to create Conditional Formatting between Two Fields

Activities::dateDue < Get (CurrentDate) AND Activities::outcomeStatus = ("Followup Call" OR "Followup E-Mail" OR "Initial Call" OR "Initial E-Mail" )

Then display font color as RED + BOLD for the following related fields

Activities::dateDue
      Activities::outcomeStatus
      Activities::assignedTo
      Activities::subject
      etc...

My first attempt was to assign conditional formatting on Activities::dateDue and then Simply apply the change in color and bold for just this one field, as o to test my theory:

Condition = Formula is
      Case (
      Activities::activity_date_due  =  Get (CurrentDate) ; TextColor ( Activities::activity_date_due ; RGB ( 0 ; 102 ; 0 ) ) ;
      Activities::activity_date_due < Get (CurrentDate) ; TextColor ( Activities::activity_date_due ; RGB ( 0 ; 255 ; 204 ) ) ;
      Activities::activity_date_due > Get (CurrentDate) ; TextColor ( Activities::activity_date_due ; RGB ( 0 ; 0 ; 0 ) )
      )

• 1. Re: Conditional Formating...
          TSGal

netguykb:

Thank you for your post.

The formula would be:

Activities::dateDue < Get (CurrentDate) AND

(Activities:: OutcomeState = "Followup Call" OR  Activities:: OutcomeState = "Followup E-Mail" OR

Activities:: OutcomeState = "Initial Call" OR Activities:: OutcomeState = "Initial E-Mail" )

That is, each part separated by "OR" needs to evaluate to True or False.  "Followup E-Mail" by itself does not evaluate to true or false.  Activities:: OutcomeState = "Followup E-Mail"  evaluates to true or false.  Does that make sense?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Conditional Formating...
            netguykb

Ok so what I think you mean or at least my interpretation was to do something like the following. Not sure if what you gave me is within a Case Statement. Also I would like to change the color and I beleive what I have written would allow me to do so.

Case (

Activities::activity_date_due = Get (CurrentDate) and
               (Activities::activity_outcome = "Followup Call" or  Activities::activity_outcome = "Followup E-Mail" or
                Activities::activity_outcome = "Initial Call" or Activities::activity_outcome = "Initial E-Mail" ) ; TextColor ( Activities::activity_date_due ; RGB ( 0 ; 102 ; 0 ) ) ;

Activities::activity_date_due < Get (CurrentDate) and
               (Activities::activity_outcome = "Followup Call" or  Activities::activity_outcome = "Followup E-Mail" or
                Activities::activity_outcome = "Initial Call" or Activities::activity_outcome = "Initial E-Mail" ) ; TextColor ( Activities::activity_date_due ; RGB ( 0 ; 255 ; 204 ) ) ;

Activities::activity_date_due > Get (CurrentDate) and
                Activities::activity_outcome = "Initial Call" or Activities::activity_outcome = "Initial E-Mail" ) ; TextColor ( Activities::activity_date_due ; RGB ( 0 ; 0 ; 0 ) )

)

• 3. Re: Conditional Formating...
              TSGal

netguykb:

That is correct.  I saw the Case statement, but the initial request was about one statement, so I wasn't sure it was an If statement.  In either case, you understood what I meant, and the Case statement should work.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.