2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 11:12 AM by NsaA

Conditional Formatting

NsaA

Title

Conditional Formatting

I have a Field "Bandage" set up as a radio-button field with three values 1,2,3.

Field "Left" and Field "Right" are edit box fields.

When the value of "Bandage" is 1, I would like Field "Left" to be highlighted or Field "Right" to be greyed out.

When the value of "Bandage" is 2, I would like Field "Right" to be highlighted or Field "Left" to be greyed out.

When the value of "Bandage" is 3, both fields could be filled.

This is just to remind the user on how to fill the fields and prevent mistakes, I do not need to make it impossible for user to enter text in Field left or Right based on selection of value.

I am not typing the formula in Conditional Formatting correctly. Can you help me with the calculation?

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting
          philmodjunk

I can't give you the precise expression from just the info in your post. You'll need to substitute your table occurrence name for mine:

Select the "formula" option for the conditional format expression for your "Right" field and enter this expression:

YourTable::Bandage = 1

Then select a fill color for the field such as a bright yellow to "highlight" the field when the value of Bandage is 1.

• 2. Re: Conditional Formatting
            NsaA

Thanks Phil, it worked beautifully!

I was putting in some complicated formulas which were not working.