2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 6:56 AM by AustinCarr

conditional formatting

kconick

Title

conditional formatting

Hello everyone,

I have 3 fields (A, B, C) in A and B I would like that the compilation was enabled only if in C (numeric field, drop-down menu, list values from 0 to 9) the selected value is different from 0. how? conditional formatting?

ps.: sorry for my english

• 1. Re: conditional formatting
          philmodjunk

If you mean that you want the data in fields A and B only to be visible if the value in C is not zero:

Method 1)

If this if FileMaker 13 or newer, Put: YOurTable::C = 0 as the Hide Object When property for fields A and B.

In older versions:

Method 2)

If these are simple 1 row fields of data, set up a conditional formatting expression of:

YourTable::C = 0

and specify via "more formatting..." that the font size be set very large---such 120+ points if the text in the field is normally sized at about 10-12 points.

Method 3)

Use the same conditional formatting expression, but change the text color to be the same color as the background.

• 2. Re: conditional formatting
            AustinCarr

You can also right click on the fields and select conditional formatting select add and then change condition to formula is and then create a formula. probably c (does not equal) 0.