4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 4:32 PM by Mitch

Conditional Formatting based on previous field value in a list....

Mitch

Title

Conditional Formatting based on previous field value in a list....

Hi All,

I currently have a layout in List View.  It has a number of fields based on Surname, first name, middle names, , age, date of birth, address...etc...

Above each column is the title text for the column which is also a button that changes the sort alternating between ascending and descending for that particular row. 

I would like to know if there is anyway of writing a script, a conditional format or a way of structuring the list to alter the format of a text field when the field has the same value as the same field in the line above it. In other words, when the Surname Field on line 4 in the list of records has the same value as the Surname Field in the line above it; line 3, then line 4's Surname Field will be greyed out, or even appear blank.  

-

Surname First

Jones Robert

Jones Alex

Smith William

Smith John

Smith Andrew

-

I have tried the conditional formatting:

Self = GetNthRecord (Main_Page::Surname; Get(RecordNumber) -1 )

This will only work for the second line in the record list, when the surname is re-sorted, it will again only apply to the second line in the record list.  

-

Surname First

Jones Robert

Jones Alex

Smith William

Smith John

Smith Andrew

-

I hope that achieving this type of function (if possible) will create a dynamic list, similar to a hierarchal report that will change dependant on the sort...