AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional Formatting combined with Script Run button problems

Question asked by jebber6685 on Aug 15, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Conditional Formatting combined with Script Run button problems

I have a funny thing occuring and I cannot figure out what is going on.

Here is what I want to do... I want to create a "flashcard" type of file such that I look at a picture of an animal and then mentally try to recall its name. I would then click a button and a text field that is normally hidden will allow the name to be shown.

My plan was to accomplish this by creating a Name text field with normally text color black and field fill color also black. That way, under normal conditions ( looking at animal picture) the animal name would not be visible.

I then created a Global Text field with the word "Yes" in it. I then created a text field called SHOW. I then created a copy paste script that will copy the contents of Global field ( Yes) into the SHOW field.

I then created a Button called Show Name. I then made this button Perform Script the Copy Paste script.

I then created a conditional Formating of the Name field such that it is a { formula is California Sea Life DB::Show = "Yes" } and then made the conditional formating for the field Fill White when the the SHOW field has "Yes" in it.

But a really funny thing happens. When I click the Show Name Button, "yes" is copied into the Name field and nothing is copied into the SHOW field.

What is occuring here? What have I done wrong?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I have FMPro Advanced 10.0 v3 with OS - Windows Vista

Outcomes