AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional Formatting Formula Based on Occurrences in Rolling Calendar Year

Question asked by EricKent on Mar 17, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Conditional Formatting Formula Based on Occurrences in Rolling Calendar Year

I have a table (Assistance) containing a date field (Assistance Date) and a type field (Assistance Type).  I want to create a text box that is conditional formatted to have various color fills based on both of these fields.  

For example, I want the field fill to be red if the type is X or Y and has occurred 2 times in the past 365 days, yellow if the type is X or Y and has occurred 1 time in the past 365 days, and green if there have been no occurrences of X or Y in the past 365 days.

The part I am having trouble with, predictably, is creating the function.  I am rather new to the Filemaker function building as I have previously just used fields without much interaction between them.  I am hoping someone more proficient can help me with this formula so that I can use it as a stepping stone to learn function building.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to give me with this - I am hoping it is rather simple for someone who actually knows what they are doing more than I do.

Outcomes