8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 4:07 PM by philmodjunk

Conditional formatting Issue

AbdoulBaldé

Title

Conditional formatting Issue

Hi, 

I am trying to use the conditional formatting trick to have the button clicked have a different color than the others but it is not working. 

Please note I am trying to use it on buttons where the records were entered "manually" on each button on the layout 

I am also trying this on portal fields. 

Could you please help on the formula to set in the cnditional formatting screen?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
          philmodjunk

Please note I am trying to use it on buttons where the records were entered "manually" on each button on the layout

I can't picture what you mean by that.

But if you give a button this conditional format expression:

$$ButtonA = "Clicked"

And your button's script includes these steps:

Set Variable [$$ButtonA ; value: "Clicked" ]
               Refresh Window

You should see the button change color when clicked.

• 2. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
            AbdoulBaldé

Hi, 

I tried but for the portals, all rows have the same format as if they were all selected at the same time. 

Am I missing a script step?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
              philmodjunk

You are not missing a step, you just didn't tell me that the button itself was located inside a portal row. wink

You'll need a slightly different approach. Say that you have a primary key field in the portal's table that auto-enters a serial number or Get ( UUID ) text in order to uniquely identify each portal record.

Then your script can be:

Set Variable [ $$Button ; value: PortalTable::PrimaryKey ]
                   Refresh Window

And your conditional format expression would be:

$$Button = PortalTable::PrimaryKey

• 4. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
                AbdoulBaldé

Ok, I understand. 

Thanks it works. Now my issue is that UNLESS I click on a button the conditional formatting does not apply. 

How can I have the first field displayed automatically ? / I was able to find an answer to that question (added a go to portal row step)

How can I change the highlighted box around the portal row (View screenshot)?

• 5. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
                  AbdoulBaldé
                  /files/9329517076/Screen_Shot_2014-01-13_at_5.51.12_PM.png 987x281
                  • 6. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
                    philmodjunk

Now my issue is that UNLESS I click on a button the conditional formatting does not apply.

Which is what I understood that you wanted:

I am trying to use the conditional formatting trick to have the button clicked have a different color than the others but it is not working.

And can you show what your layout looks like in layout mode? I can't tell what objects on your layout are inside the portal.

• 7. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
                      AbdoulBaldé
                      /files/e5e1876d41/Screen_Shot_2014-01-13_at_6.55.50_PM.png 1022x583
                      • 8. Re: Conditional formatting Issue
                        philmodjunk

If you have this setup the way that I think you have, with the field in the portal row set up as a button, the script for that button could include a commit records step at the end of the script to keep the portal row from being selected and thus highlighted like this.