3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 6:47 AM by philmodjunk

Conditional formatting not working

BryanN

Title

Conditional formatting not working

So for each "area" my users can go, I've made a non-editable layout and an editable layout switched using a button.

On the user's navigation area.  It will indicate that you are in that area by graying out and underlining the text:

Example: if they are in the Customers detail area, it would look like Customers

I acheive this via a conditional format that does the formatting if Get ( Currentlayout ) = Self

Works fine on my non-editable layout.  On the editable layout, which is literally a duplicate of the non-editable with the fields disabled and non-color filled, the conditional format doesn't work.  What gives? (The layouts do have different names as well)

• 1. Re: Conditional formatting not working
          philmodjunk

Get ( currentLayout ) does not exist in current versions of FileMaker. Are you actually using Get ( LayoutName ) ?

if so, then the name of your current layout must not equal the text returned by self. Since you are using different layout naames, that would make sense that it doesn't work on one layout but does on the other.

• 2. Re: Conditional formatting not working
            BryanN

Get ( currentLayout ) does not exist in current versions of FileMaker. Are you actually using Get ( LayoutName ) ?

if so, then the name of your current layout must not equal the text returned by self. Since you are using different layout naames, that would make sense that it doesn't work on one layout but does on the other.

I'm sorry, yes, Get ( LayoutName).  I guess I don't know what the "self" text is returning.  How would I find this out?

• 3. Re: Conditional formatting not working
              philmodjunk

Self may be used in auto-enter calculations and conditional format expressions. It returns the value of the field in which the auto-enter calculation is defined or the value of the field being conditionally formatted.