4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 12:42 PM by schmity

Conditional Formatting not working when record is created via script

schmity

Title

Conditional Formatting not working when record is created via script

I have a script trigger set on field 1 to duplicate a record if field 1 = "smart part"

The script makes a few changes to the duplicate record, and sets field 2 to "core return".

It is also conditionally formatted to highlight the entire line (in list view) to a certain color if field 2= "core return".

Everything in the script is working, but the conditional formatting is not. (It sets field 2 to "core return", but the conditional formatting doesn't happen automatically)

If I go in and reselect "core return", the conditional formatting works.  Is there anyway to force it to perform the conditional formatting without have to refresh the contents of that field?

I did see the support articles on the this problem that talked about incorporating a refresh window script (which I tried), but couldn't get it to work.  I added refresh window step at the end of the script where it created the duplicate window. Is there a better way to do this? 

thanks