3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 1:59 PM by Sorbsbuster

Conditional Formatting On Rows In Portals

MitchellJohnson

Title

Conditional Formatting On Rows In Portals

Hi There,

Is it possible to do conditional formatting on both rows in portals and fields them selves.

If so how do i do it ?

Thanks Again

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting On Rows In Portals
          Sorbsbuster

I find it frustrating that you can't have multiple conditional formats (eg: if it's this, make it green, but if it's that make it red, otherwise make it white.)

But you can have a container field that occupies the width and height of the portal row that is formatted one way (say red, because you want to draw attention to that row), and the field itself can be formatted another way (say, bold, because it is overdue).

• 2. Re: Conditional Formatting On Rows In Portals
            philmodjunk

I find it frustrating that you can't have multiple conditional formats (eg: if it's this, make it green, but if it's that make it red, otherwise make it white.)

But you can, just stack up separate condition and color settings for your multiple formats. The last true condition's settings will take precedence.

As to portal rows, you can select all the fields in your portal row and define a conditional format for all of them. Then select individual fields to apply more conditional formats. When you set up a conditional format for one field in the row, you'll see that the condition you defined for the row is already in place. As I just said at the top of this post, when you define multiple conditions, each conditional format is applied in turn from top to bottom so pay attention to the order in which your conditions are stacked. If two conditions specify a fill color and both evaluate to true, the last condition's color will be what you see.

• 3. Re: Conditional Formatting On Rows In Portals
              Sorbsbuster

"But you can, just stack up separate condition and color settings for  your multiple formats. The last true condition's settings will take  precedence."

You can?

Ha ha.  Ha, ha, HA!  Staring me in the face all along, and never realised!  Thanks, Phil!