2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 11:40 AM by LeoB

Conditional formatting question

LeoB

Title

Conditional formatting question

I have a button that asks if the user wants to save changes to a record.  The script on the button runs a couple functions which changes some fields based on the changes made during the session.  I would like the user to see those changes before they exit.  The button works fine.

However, I'm trying to figure out a way to use conditional formatting on the save changes button text object that would change the text from dark grey to red IF there have been changes made on the layout.  It would have to be some kind of formula.

I created a field RecordChangeTimestamp and then a script that inserts the current timestamp when executed.

I set the script to run OnLayoutKeystroke, then put a conditional formatting formula that said if the RecordChangeTimestamp was greater than the record modified timestamp, then change the text to red.

It works -- BUT it changes back to grey when the user clicks in another field.

I don't want to uncheck "Save record changes automatically" in Layout setup because that keeps prompting the user after each change.  I would like the user to make changes, and then do one click to save changes.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks