2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 1:01 PM by bvondeylen

Conditional Formatting to set consistent font/size

bvondeylen

Title

Conditional Formatting to set consistent font/size

I have a database on our FP Server where users must be changing the font/size (or pasting in data). I would like the field (Address) in all records to have the same font/size.

I tried setting a Conditional Formatting on the field so when the field was not empty, set the Font to Verdana and Size to 10. It didn't work.

So I tried conditional formatting so when the field began with the number "1", to change the font color to red. Well, it sorta worked. It worked on all records except those records where the user had changed the font/size. Those records remained black. The records where the user did NOT change font/size had the text color change to red.

So, now I am puzzeled. How can I use Conditional Formatting to set a field to always display contents using Verdana 10pt?

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting to set consistent font/size
          philmodjunk

Conditional formatting, or just selecting the field and using the inspector or formatting tool bar to specify font, size and/or style won't work for this situation.

Any formatting applied directly to the data in the field or pasted in with it supercedes formatting specified for the field object on the layout.

Instead, define this auto-enter calculation on the field:

TextFormatRemove ( Self )

and clear the "do not replace existing value..." check box.

Then any formatting is automatically stripped from the data in the field when the user exits the field and the formatting specified for the field object now can control the appearance of the data in the field.

• 2. Re: Conditional Formatting to set consistent font/size
            bvondeylen

Excellent. This worked. Thank you for the quick response.