1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 8:39 AM by philmodjunk

Conditional Formatting with Stored Color Values

ChristopherJuncosa

Title

Conditional Formatting with Stored Color Values

So I did some searching but can really find a solution.

The problem is very simple.  Im building a simple solution to store game scores.  I have team information stored including team colors.  I would like to find a way to have conditional formatting on my layout that references the stored values for primary and secondary colors for the team.  Obviously I would have formatting across the layout change corresponding to the respective teams.  Is there an elegant way to do this?

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting with Stored Color Values
          philmodjunk

Back before we had conditional formatting, we still produced this result through other means by storing the colors in container fields.

You can create rectangle objects on a FileMaker Layout and specify the desired fill color, then copy it to the clip board, enter browse mode and paste it into a container field. You can set up a container field for the team colors in your team table and put your colors into those container fields. You can then put this field (probably behind other objects as a "background") on any layout where you can put your other fields from the team table.