1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 9:57 AM by TSGal

Conditional hand cursor

DLW-BPEX

Title

Conditional hand cursor

Usually I like to use the "Change to hand cursor over button" option to give the user a visual cue that a field/button will launch a script (or other action). But in this case certain fields are hidden, and there are times when one or more will be empty and so no script needs to run.

Is there some clever way of making the hand cursor active only if a field has contents? I would like to prevent an indication that there is an empty, hidden field there; clicking on it causes the MouseDown highlight effect, which is not professional in this case.

(This is intended for IWP, so use of Conditional Formatting is not an option -- although I doubt that offers any answers anyway.)

Thank you.

David

FMP10 Advanced, Mac OS X 10.4.11, IWP solution 

• 1. Re: Conditional hand cursor
          TSGal

DLW-BPEX:

Thank you for your post.

Whenever you create a button, you set the hand cursor.  There is no conditional way to turn on and off the cursor.  Therefore, you may want to consider two nearly identical layouts.  One with the button, and another without the button.  If this is all being scripted, then depending on the contents of the field, you can decide which layout you want to access.

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.