AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional lookup - Is this possible?

Question asked by pruppert on Jun 14, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 by pruppert

Title

Conditional lookup - Is this possible?

Hi, I am new to FileMaker and want to know if the program could accomplish the following.

I'd like to have three tables (1 data entry table, and 2 refernce tables):

Data Entry Table
                    Condition                     Raw Score                     Converted Score
                    1                     1                      
                    1                     2                      
                    2                     3                      
                    2                     4                      

Condition 1 Lookup
                    Raw score                     Converted Score
                    1                     10
                    2                     20
                    3                     30
                    4                     40

Condition 2 Lookup
                    Raw Score                     Converted Score
                    1                     100
                    2                     200
                    3                     300
                    4                     400

I would like it so that when values are entered into the "Raw Score" column of the Data Entry table, values are then automatically looked up and entered into the "Converted Score" column of the Data Entry table. I would like the automatically entered values to come from one of the reference tables based upon a given conditoin value in the first column of the Data Entry table.

Does this make sense? Is this even possible in FileMaker. If so, how would I accomplish this, or what aspects of FileMaker would I need to learn about to be able to achieve this (i.e., scripting, calculations, etc.)?

Thank you.

Outcomes