5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 6:55 AM by philmodjunk

Conditional radio buttom in IWP

jb_1

Title

Conditional radio buttom in IWP

Hi;

I have 2 radio button set field; The first one display " Yes" and "No" from a valur list

the second , display " Up" and "Down" .

What I shoud do,In IWP, when user select "yes" from the first radio boutton , he can't select anything from the second one ;

But , when user select "No" , he can't choose from the second radio boutton " Up" OR " Down " .

tnaks

• 1. Re: Conditional radio buttom in IWP
          philmodjunk

Replace your radio button field on this layout with buttons one for entering "up" into the radio button field and one for entering "down" into the radio button field. Include an If step that checks the value of the first field and exits without doing anything if the value in the first field means the user should not select a value in the second.

• 2. Re: Conditional radio buttom in IWP
            jb_1

Hi Phil ;

I think that I don't inserstood you , because , you say that I would replace may radio biutton with 2 field " up" and "down " !!

how can I make an If stape like this :

If ( radio buton 1)= "Yes"

choose from the second "Up " or " Down "

Else If ( radio boutton 1)="No"

can't choose from the second radio boutton

End If

• 3. Re: Conditional radio buttom in IWP
              philmodjunk

That's why you have a button for "up" and a button for "down".

Here's the script for the "up" button:

If [YourTable::RadioButton1 = "yes"]
                      Set Field [YourTable::radioButton2 ; "Up"]
                   End If

the script for the "down" button is the same except you use "down" instead of "up" in the set field step.

Once you can get these two buttons working correctly, you can use transparent rectangles for these two buttons and place them on top of the "up" and "down" radiobutton field such that the "up" button covers the "up" value in the field and the "down" button covers the "down" radio button value.

This makes your second button unresponsive to mouse clicks if "yes" is not selected in the first field, but if "yes" is selected, you can select either "up" or "down" by clicking the radio button.

• 4. Re: Conditional radio buttom in IWP
                jb_1

This doesn't work .

I have the 2nd radio button set to "Up" automatically or set to " Down" when I make a new record , the same probleme for the button " yes or No ";

some times I have "yes" checked and in oytehr time I have "No" chaked automatically !!!

I don't undertood the probleme for each new record I make .

• 5. Re: Conditional radio buttom in IWP
                  philmodjunk

Please describe how this doesn't work. I can't tell why and how it doesn't work from what you have posted so far.

What controls whether a new record should be automatically set to "up" or "down"?

What controls whether a new record should be automatically set to "yes" or "no"?