2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 12:50 AM by AmjadMiandad

Conditional related Data Help

AmjadMiandad

Title

Conditional related Data Help

Hi friends,

I was trying to sort out my problem,

I have two tables "Employee" and "Info" have made relationship between them through ID field.

Now I have a form for another table "Offices" having 3 fields one is "Manager Name" field which is grabing data from the value list created from "Employee Name" field from Table "Employee" second field on my form Offices is 'email' and 3rd field is 'phone number'

Now how is it possible that if I select "Mr. Jhon" in "Manager Name" (which is grabing data from the value list created from "Employee Name") and rest of the two fields 'email' and 'Phone number' could get/fill related data automatically against Mr. Jhon from "Info" Table.

• 1. Re: Conditional related Data Help
          philmodjunk

If I read this correctly, your managers' contact data are listed in the employee table along with your employees (as should be the case here) and when you select a manager in the manager name field, you want the manager's contact info to appear automatically.

I'd match records by your employee ID field, not the manager's name. One of your managers might just change their name after all and then you have  problem updating the name without breaking links to other related records such as these.

Here's a thread that describes two methods for doing what you want. I think you'll find that the dynamic link option is the better one in your situation: Auto Fill

• 2. Re: Conditional related Data Help
            AmjadMiandad

Thanks it resolved my problem, I used option 1 in your provided link.

Thanks Phill :)