1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 12:48 PM by LaRetta_1

Conditional sort

JR007

Title

Conditional sort

I am using FM Pro 10 on my PC with windows XP. I have a folder for ALL members of the church. I also have a field in the members folder for each year - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, etc. that has an "X" for each of the year or years they have been members.  I need to be able to have a list of ONLY those who are members in 2007 and/or 2008 and/or 2009 show up.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Conditional sort
          LaRetta_1

JR 007 wrote:

I am using FM Pro 10 on my PC with windows XP. I have a folder for ALL members of the church. I also have a field in the members folder for each year - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, etc. that has an "X" for each of the year or years they have been members.  I need to be able to have a list of ONLY those who are members in 2007 and/or 2008 and/or 2009 show up.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Hi JR007,

Could you explain a bit more?  What do you mean by folder?  Do you mean record or table or file?  Do you mean that you have one field which contains X's and if there are two or more X's then find them?  Or do you mean that you have a FIELD for 2007, a field for 2008 etc with X in it?

If the first (one field with multiple X's then search for XX.  It will find all those with multiple years (but not a single X).  If you have multiple years, you can find them as well but I'm confused by your and/or condition.

If you have multiple fields then you can:

Enter Find Mode [ uncheck pause ]

Set Field[ Year2007 ; "X" ]

New Record Request

Set Field [ Year2008 ; "X: ]

New Record Request

Set Field [ Year2009 ; "X" ]

Perform Find

Once we understand your need, I will probably still suggest that you change your structure.  Each year should be a new record in a related table.  If each year is a field, or if each year is indicated by an X then you will run into more problems as you grow.  :smileyhappy: