AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional value list - no values defined

Question asked by BenjaminDestrempes on Nov 12, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Conditional value list - no values defined

Hi,

I am having some issues with relationships for a database I'm working on. I know this is a simple issue and I must be tired but for the life of me, I can't get this to work.

I have the following tables:

• Opportunities
  •      
  • Accounts
  •      
  • Contacts
  •      
  • Work Orders

Each opportunity has an associated fk_account_id field, each account has a fk_contact_id field, and each work order has a fk_opportunity_id field. The relationships are as follows:

• Opportunities::fk_account_id = Accounts::id
  •      
  • Accounts::id = Contacts::id
  •      
  • Work_Orders::fk_opportunity_id = Opportunities::id - allow creation of entries in Work_Orders

I have a portal on the Opportunities layout that contains a pop-up menu that should let me choose any contact associated with the opportunity's account. The pop-up menu, however, does not display the correct entries. The value list uses the values from the Contacts::ID and Contacts::Name_Full fields, displaying values from the second field and is selected to include only related values starting from Accounts. However, clicking on the popup menu only shows <no values defined>. Unchecking the include only related values checkbox makes it show all values from the Contacts table.

I know I'm probably making a simple mistake in my relationships but I can't figure out what. Any help will be appreciated!

Outcomes