1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 8:39 AM by philmodjunk

Conditional Value List Issue

CaseyMahaffey

Title

Conditional Value List Issue

Okay, so let me explain my situation and my issue. I am a student and I assist my teacher with his database. Over the years, he has created a database that helps him grade, organize, contact, etc. Well, we have a layout for grading projects. Currently, he has a value list with ALL of his students in alphabetical order that he must scan through to choose the student he wants to grade. I had the idea to create a conditional value list, that will allow him to first choose a class, then choose a student from a value list of only students in the specific class. That was the easy part.

BUT, on this layout, there are fields that display information about the student being graded (ID number, age, grade, period, etc.). Before, these fields displayed the information for which ever student he selected from the long list of students. But after I created the conditional value list, when he chooses a class, the fields automatically display the information for the first studenrt in the conditional value list. Then when a differnent student is choosen from the list, the information in the feilds stay the same. No matter which student is choosen, the infortmation belongs to the student at the top of the list. It won't change unless I choose a different class, then again the information changes to the student on the top of the list belonging to that class. I have tryed every thing I can, but can not fix this issue. If you have any questions, please let me know. I will be glad to answer them or provide more information about the issue. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_of_Conditional_Value_List.JPG

• 1. Re: Conditional Value List Issue
          philmodjunk

We need to see the relationship used to link the layout's table occurrence to the table occurrence used to reference the data that now comes from the first student in the specified class. It would appear that you modified an existing relationship to produce your conditional value list--changing the behavior on this layout--instead of creating a new and separate relationship to implement to conditional value list.

Two create two different relationships between the same two tables, you create a new occurrence of the related table.