AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional Value List Problem. Driving me crazy!!

Question asked by DanielMensch on Jun 9, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Conditional Value List Problem. Driving me crazy!!

To start off, I am fairly new to filemaker. I've been mucking around for about a year now and have run into a problem or two every now and then but I am spending to much time on this problem so here it is.....

I am creating a database for foundation work that involves a golf tournament. I have an Invoice Layout in which somone can pay for the golfers and or sponcership packages. The golfers need to belong to a team (Foursome). We do other events like beef and beers, horseshoe tournaments, bowling and so on. This is important as the number of players to a team can change. So I figured I would create teams based on the events and have a TO that is less than the max number set for each team within the EVENTS table. The problem resides in the calculation needed to figure out how many ATTENDEEs are on a TEAM. I figured I would use a summary field or calculation field to figure the amount of ATTENDEEs assigned to the TEAM but a calculation or summary field cannot be indexed, therfore cannot be used in a relationship for the conditional or "dynamic" value list. Is there a correct way to do this??? I have tried lookup fields and some basic scripting with no luck. I can't seem to get the alternative fields to update when I need them to.

Any thoughts and answers would be greatly appriciated. I usually don't reach out for help unless I absolutly have to but as it says in the title....Driving me crazy!!! I know it is something simple, I am just not seeing it.

Outcomes