2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 10:56 AM by wakinheimer

Conditional Value List, Set Field? Want to isolate data based on account name

wakinheimer

Title

Conditional Value List, Set Field? Want to isolate data based on account name

Hi… I am using FM Pro 11 in a manufacturing environment. I am the sole "developer" here, and have a spotty intermediate ability level of use. I've created basic scripts and some calculations, but nothing very complex; mostly a lot of "Find X, Sort, Go to Layout X" and a few If, Else If things. 

We build product in 8 to 10 model-dedicated "cells".  As the Quality Analyst, I want to collect system test data for each unit built. Each cell is equipped with it's own PC with access to our server-hosted database.  I have two tables; Table 1 is a list of all of our model numbers, the cell in which they are built, and other unique information for each model number.

Table 2 is the System Test data. The fields are:

Model Number

Model Serial No.

Cell

Component [internal part numbers to track what went in each machine]

Component Serial No.

Date [of build]

Operator

Pass / Fail

I'd like to use the same table for each cell, and collect the data in one giant "bucket" that I can filter and analyze on my own time. But I want each cell to show only data pertinent to that cell.  I thought the smartest way to do that was to create cell-specfic account names that would automatically open the appropriate cell layout.  I also know that there needs to be a relationship between Table 1 and Table 2, with the join at the Cell field.

How can I set things up so that the operator logs into FM with the cell-specific account name, then have the correct layout open, only the data related to that cell showing, and have the Cell name (aka AccountName) also auto-fill in the Cell field?  I keep thinking there is something about the Set Field function, but I don't understand how that works.  Then again, maybe it isn't even what I need here.

Thanks in advance for your help!