2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 10:58 AM by CaitlinM

Conditional Value Lists

CaitlinM

Title

Conditional Value Lists

Hello,

I have a conditional value list set-up between Disease and the Disease Classification. The Diseases and Disease Classifications also have codes, which i have related to other tables. Here are my tables:

Patient Info: Disease; Disease Classification

Disease: Disease; Disease Code

Disease Classifications: Disease Classification; Disease Classification Code; Disease

Disease 2 (Table Occurrance 2)

The Disease and Disease Classification field in patient info are related to their respective table (Disease Table and Disease Classfication Table), so that they are related to the disease codes. 

I set up a second Disease table occurrance so I could have a conditional value list - when a disease is selected, only the disease classifications related to that disease will pop up. 

On the layout, the Disease and Disease Classification fields are displayed. I set up the value lists:

Value List: Diseases - show values from Disease Table

Value List: Disease Classification - use values from Disease Classification table; Only display related values from Disease 2 (Disease Table Occurance 2). 

The drop down list works fine for the Disease. But when I go to select the disease classification, it is a blank list. When I remove the "only display related values from Disease 2", I am able to select a specific disease but it displays all the diseases and I want only the related disease to show. 

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Conditional Value Lists
          philmodjunk

Set up a second table occurrence, Disease Classification 2, of Disease Classification. Link it to your patient info table by Disease.

In your value list specify that the values be listed from Disease Classification 2, Include only related values starting from Patient Info.

It may help to think of your conditional value list as values you want to display in a portal. "use values from" should be from this "portal's" table occurrence. The "starting from" table occurrence is the layout's table occurrence or one related to it that would enable this imaginary portal to display the same values you want to see in the conditional value list.

• 2. Re: Conditional Value Lists
            CaitlinM

Works great! Thank you!