5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2012 2:56 PM by schamblee

Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga

SueFrost

Title

Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga

I've been reading this thread on conditional value lists since I'm trying to do the same thing. (I wasn't sure if this shoudl be a continuation of that thread so I started a new one).

I've got my layout to the point where the Item field value list is being based on the Category list.

However, as I add more lines, the Item list becomes cummulative. So in the first line (Cream - ), I show the correct values for the Category. In the second line (Bar Soap), I show Creams and Bar Soaps. In the third line (Body Wash), I show creams, bar soaps and body washes.

It feels like I'm this close to solving this one. TIA!

Category-Item_Issue.png

• 1. Re: Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga
          schamblee

I modify the default Invoice template to list only items based on the Category. 

sample app

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D9559058_790_722900406

• 2. Re: Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga
            DillipKumarMahapatra

Hi Sue,

As your screenshot suggest, the valuelist attachecde to the Item field of the portal is dependent on the Category field. So the relationship of the Item valuelist must be Invoice_Category_Item TO a 3rd level relationship which is derived from the Invoice_Category TO.

So the issue what i think is that, the related valuelist based on Invoice_Category_Item TO, which is attached to Item field is  not depending upon Invoice_Category TO. So if you will modify the Item valuelist "Include only related values starting from" option to  Invoice_Category TO instead of Invoice TO, it will work fine i guess.

Thanks

Dillip

• 3. Re: Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga
              SueFrost

Thanks to you both.  

S Chamblee - I downloaded the sample and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm off to decontruct it.

Dillip - I so nearly understand what you're saying. It will be great to compare your notes to the sample.

• 4. Re: Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga
                SueFrost

Well, I'm very close. 

The Item field is picking up the correct values, but only for the first item on my Category list.

•           When I select Bar Soap, I get the right list.
                •      
                •           If I select Cream, I don't get any values returned.

I've reviewed the sample file and confirmed that I have the same relationships:

•           Invoice Data to Products where Item = Item
                •      
                •           Invoice Data to Products2 where Category = Category

The fields on the layout are displaying:

•           Category = custom value list (Bar Soap, Cream, etc.)
                •      
                •           Item field = Products2::Item

I just can't see what last little bit I'm missing.  Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Conditional Value Lists - the Continuing Saga
                  schamblee

The  Invoice Item (Invoice Data::Item) field should be a drop down list.  Value list  use items from Products2::Item. 

Item field = Invoice Data::Item     value list = Products2::Item