6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 1:14 PM by CaitlinM

Conditional value lists based off another

CaitlinM

Title

Conditional value lists based off another

Hello,

So i had already posted regarding conditional value lists based on disease - disease classifications would come up only when certain broader diseases were selected.

Now, I would like to figure out how to create a conditional value list for a patient's disease status (i.e. complete remission, relapse, etc), based on what disease they have. 

I think i mainly have it figured out, i just can't figure out how many table occurrances I should have, and where they should be connected to. 

Below is my situation:

Table:

Patient Info

Fields:

Disease

Status at Transplant

Tables:

Disease

Field:

Disease Type

Table:

Status at Transplant

Fields:

Status

Disease

I related the disease from the status table to the disease in the disease table through a table occurrance.

However, for the value list (based off of the values in the status field, in status at transplant table), is still coming up blank.

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Conditional value lists based off another
          philmodjunk

"I related the disease from the status table to the disease in the disease table through a table occurrance."

Status at Transplant::Disease = SomeTOofDisease::Disease?

You don't list a field named Disease in the Disease table so I'm guessing you have such a field. And you don't name the TO. The name of that TO is crtical here. You also don't indicate what values you need to see in the value list.

I would think that you'd add a field named Disease Type to the Status at Transplant table so that you could define this relationship:

StatusAtTransPlant::DiseaseType = StatusDisease::Disease

Then StatusAtTransPlant::DIsease could be set up with a value lists that lists values from StatusDiseease, "starting from" StatusAtTransplant.

• 2. Re: Conditional value lists based off another
            CaitlinM

Sorry - I needed to rethink my relationships as they were getting a little confusiing. Here is what I created based off my last inquiry regarding condtional value lists:

Patient Info: Disease; Disease Classification

Disease: Disease; Disease Code

Disease Classifications: Disease Classification; Disease Classification Code; Disease

Disease 2 (Table Occurrance 2)

Disease Classification 2 (Table Occurance 2)

The Disease and Disease Classification field in patient info are related to their respective table (Disease Table and Disease Classfication Table), so that they are related to the disease codes. 

I set up a second Disease table occurrance so I could have a conditional value list - when a disease is selected, only the disease classifications related to that disease will pop up. 

On the layout, the Disease and Disease Classification fields are displayed. I set up the value lists:

Value List: Diseases - show values from Disease Table

Value List: Disease Classification - use values from Disease Classification 2 table; Only display related values from Patient Info. 

To add to this confusion, I know want to set up a conditional value list based off the overall Disease. I.e. when a certain disease is selected, only the disease status' for that specific disease will come up in a list.

I added a field to my patient info table:Disease Status

I created a new table: Disease Status

In Disease Status Table, i have a Status Field and a Disease field, and I'm not sure which table/table occurrance I should relate this too.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion earlier.

• 3. Re: Conditional value lists based off another
              philmodjunk

Does this mean that you've defined a status field in Patient Info? So that you can select a status for a specified Disease in the Patient::Disease Field?

Are patients only limited to 1 disease?

• 4. Re: Conditional value lists based off another
                CaitlinM

Yes,

Patient Info:Disease Status at Transplant

In another table: Disease Statuses:Status and Disease Status:Disease (for conditional value list set-up)

For this, patients only have one disease, any disease post transplant will be considered a secondary malignancy and captured in a post-transplant complications table.

• 5. Re: Conditional value lists based off another
                  philmodjunk

Then you need this relationship to your new status table:

PatientInfo::Disease = Status::Disease

Then the value list for Disease Status at Transplant can list values from Status, Include only related values starting from PatientInfo.

• 6. Re: Conditional value lists based off another
                    CaitlinM

Great - Thanks!