AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional value lists part deux

Question asked by kirvis on Dec 17, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Conditional value lists part deux

Hi all,

As a follow up from my conditional value lists do not work on conditional value lists, I have another slightly more complicated issue.   

I now have a functional system where I can add products and select the category and related (sub(sub))category. What I would like to do now, is create an order, and add products to this order that I select from a value list. Because the number of products will eventually be quite large, it would be nice to have a conditional value list for products.

In the order layout, I have created a portal from the "order_line_items" table, where I can select the (sub(sub))category first. After doing this, I would like to be able to select a product based on the previously entered categories.

Since I still do not quite understand the theory behind the creation of conditional value lists, I do not seem to be able to create a functional conditional value list for products.

I have placed the current file here, it is called "conditional value list.fp7". The other file is a previous version without the order tables.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

Kirvis 

Outcomes