AnsweredAssumed Answered

CONDITIONAL VALUE LISTS STOPS WORKING AFTER 3 FIELDS

Question asked by JessOttman on May 27, 2011
Latest reply on May 31, 2011 by JessOttman

Title

CONDITIONAL VALUE LISTS STOPS WORKING AFTER 3 FIELDS

Hi, Im creating a database that assembles hoses and parts using conditional value lists and graphics. I have a table called data entry this is where all my input gets added.

So i have sizes 08,12,16,24,32. Lets say im doing 08 first,then i have the name of my hose which is in the same record as 08 next i have my fittings so lets say i have A B C D E all against 08.So i have five records altogether with (08,hose,A)(08,HOSE,B) and so on.

Now i have around ten fields that eliminate data when the previous is selcted but i wont go through all since i only have a problemwith my  material field.In this i put certain material finishes against the complying fittings, ex.A=1,2,3 B=1,2,4 AND C=2,4,5. Each material finsh is added to data entry as a record. so 3 Records might look like:(08/hose/A/1),(08/HOSE/A/2),(8/HOSE/A/3)

So if i select 08 i should see only hoses available in that size :Yes

i select hose i see all compatible fittings to the hose in that size:YES

If however i select material finish every finsh option comes up. So if i select A as my fitting i should see 1,2,3 instead i see 1,2,3,4   Ive rechecked my input and the relationships an they are fine

the relationship is set up as DATA ENTRY = HOSE ORDER(LINKED BY SIZE)

MATERIAL = HOSE ORDER (LINKED BY NAME TO MATERIAL)

I have a different table for each field eg size,hose,fitting left,fitting right, material and so on.that is linked to a field in the table hose order.

Apologies if my explaination isnt clear but any help greatly appreciated as there is alot of work gone into this and its only a small problem!!!

many thanks

RELATIONAL_DATABASE.JPG

Outcomes