12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 5:44 AM by TomCichowicz

Conditional ValueList first entry in dropdown  list - effecting lookup field.

TomCichowicz

Title

Conditional ValueList first entry in dropdown  list - effecting lookup field.

I'm stumped.. I successfully created a condiitional valuelist,  so that when I select a departmental field, the next tabbed to dropdown vaulelist is populated with all the people within that department as needed. 

However this is where he problem comes in, as soon as the dropdownlist popsup, the FIRST entry in the list seems to trigger the lookup of another field - which is the email address of that same field(contents). If I proceed to select the correct selection (person) from the dropdown list and release so it then populates the input field; the data that populated the lookup (email address) does NOT update to the selected name that is now populating the field.

So in summary how do I delay the filling of the lookup specified in the database field criteria/conditioning to take place unitl the user truely selects a entry from the dropdown?

It's like it's working ... but NOT