AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional visibility in related record

Question asked by NicholasWelander on Aug 3, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 by NicholasWelander

Title

Conditional visibility in related record

This is a decently complex situation to map out, but I'll do my best.

I have 3 tables, Table1 --|------|-|-- Table2 --|-------|-|-- Table3

The layout is based on Table1 and I have Table2 records in a portal. I can select a record in Table2, which sets the field Table1::id.table2selected to Table2_PK so I can see details about the Table2 record via the relationship, Table1_Table2_selected.

There is also a portal showing Table3 records based on the selected Table2 records, via the relationship, Table1_Table2_selected_Table3.

This portal has a popover in each record which hides different Table2 fields based on a condition in Table3.

The issue is that some of these fields hide when they are in focus. For example, I've opened the popover on a Table3 record with table3::condition = 1. It shows a field, Table1_Table2_selected::field. This field is hidden when Table1_Table2_selected_Table3::condition ≠ 1, therefore it is visible. When I click it, it disappears, however the other items in the popover (which have the same visibility condition) do not.

I can see how it would make sense because the focus is now on Table1_Table2_selected::field, but the Table3 portal row should still be active. What makes this more unusual is that it doesn't do this with every field and it never did this in FM13 (I've recently upgraded to 14).

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what I'm talking about?

Outcomes