AnsweredAssumed Answered

Config setting for file locations?

Question asked by HSalls on Oct 10, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Config setting for file locations?

Is there a config setting for anchoring file locations in FM Pro v10?  I'm on Windows XP pro both places.  I have a solution that I'm working on at the office and at home.  I'm using Dropbox to transfer/synchronize from one site to the other.  The transfers are working correctly; synching is happening.  I've retained the exact same relative folder/file structure in both places.  I launch FM at either site to call in the first database (intake.fp7) it plays.  If I attempt to nav to the next databse using a designed button, FM complains that it "The file household.fp7 could not be opened.  Not found".  I say "OK" and FM presents an explorer window which contains household.fp7.  I double click that and all is right.  This selection stays during my session but if I leave FM and come back, it's lost household.fp7 again, it's not been saved/recorded and I have to go through the whole routine again.  When the solution which I'm revising (heavily) was copied to a work folder, there was no problem.

I've looked all over for a config setting.  There isn't one.  What do you experts recommend because I know users are not going to like this happening (and neither do I!).

Thanks.

H

Outcomes