AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connection live ODBC problem - How to update the data after finish to modify it.

Question asked by surfparadise on Mar 10, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 by JoshO.

Title

Connection live ODBC problem - How to update the data after finish to modify it.

Hi, I connected my filemaker to a mysql server via ODBC. It's work... live connection, when I change a field, automatically change on the server too... BUT I need a button for validate the data...

It's problematic update the data of the record in live mode... because the connection between client and server isn't in real time...but there is a little delay, so for browse the record, is not very confortable and because when I change a value in a field, the value change in a second in the server too... is not very secure.

I ask if is possible to upload and sync all the data that I have modified on the filemaker, only when I finished to manage it...(for example make a SYNC button that I can click when finished...)... and work in off-line mode will be great...

The perfect solution will be: Download of all mySQL datas in the filemaker, possibility to browse it in off-line mode and push a sync button when I finished to edit/change/add/delete my value in the database...

Is it possibile?... Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance

Outcomes