2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 5:48 AM by JoshO.

Connection live ODBC problem - How to update the data after finish to modify it.

surfparadise

Title

Connection live ODBC problem - How to update the data after finish to modify it.

Hi, I connected my filemaker to a mysql server via ODBC. It's work... live connection, when I change a field, automatically change on the server too... BUT I need a button for validate the data...

It's problematic update the data of the record in live mode... because the connection between client and server isn't in real time...but there is a little delay, so for browse the record, is not very confortable and because when I change a value in a field, the value change in a second in the server too... is not very secure.

I ask if is possible to upload and sync all the data that I have modified on the filemaker, only when I finished to manage it...(for example make a SYNC button that I can click when finished...)... and work in off-line mode will be great...

The perfect solution will be: Download of all mySQL datas in the filemaker, possibility to browse it in off-line mode and push a sync button when I finished to edit/change/add/delete my value in the database...

Is it possibile?... Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance