Contact table design
- FMP Version: 12
- Operating System: Windows 7
- I am designing the relationships for a database to manage contacts. Students are the primary contacts, but each student has a number of related contacts (local contact, foreign contact, authorized contact). Both students and contacts have contact information. For example,
- Student: FirstName, LastName, email, phone, address, city, state, zip, etc.
- Contact: FirstName, LastName, email, phone, address, city, state, zip, etc.
- My question is, “what type of relationship should I have for these entities?”
- I have no need to send mass emails or post to any of these individuals.
- Should I:
- Put all of the information on one table (Student information, contact1 information, contact2 information, contact3 information), or
- Separate the students and contacts: Student---<Contacts, or
- create a people table and connect both students and contacts to it