1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2009 12:42 PM by ninja

Contacts in Task Managment Template

km

Title

Contacts in Task Managment Template

I'm using the Task Management Template but the contacts on the task page are assigned to the project so I wasnted to add a different field that would link to contact information in the contacts page for the person that requested the work.  I've tried this a bunch of different ways but it doesen't seem to let me add a contact field that isn't assigned to the task.  Please help.

• 1. Re: Contacts in Task Managment Template
          ninja

Howdy km,

From the way I understand your desire, you would add a field called "RequestorID" to the Projects table in the Task management template.

You would then form a relationship between Projects::RequestorID [=] Contact Management::ContactID

This will get a little more complicated than first glance since you'll want to then create a value list based on ContactManagement::ContactID showing values from ContactManagement::FullName so that you can select the person, but input the ContactID# into the field.

Attach this value list to the "RequestorID" field on your Project layout as a dropdown list.  Doing this will make it easier to select the correct name, yet end up with the ID# in the field.  Once the ID# is in the RequestorID field, your data will then be linked.

Let me know how you progress...(I hope I wasn't confusing...)