4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 1:51 PM by episking

Container Field does not allow FMGO to Select type

episking

Title

Container Field does not allow FMGO to Select type

I seem to remember having a container field that allowed iPad users to select either signature, insert from device, or take a photo.... Now when the iPad users click on the container field, it goes directly to camera... How can I allow the iPad to select phtoto or signature?

Thanks!

-EP

• 1. Re: Container Field does not allow FMGO to Select type
          philmodjunk

What info in your database determines which option is needed?

Insert From device can specify a number of different input options--all documented in FileMaker help. They include inserting a photo from the front or back camera or from the camera roll. They include inserting a signature.

so you can use one Insert From Device script for inserting a photo and a different insert from device step for inserting the signature. But how you determine which to perform in a given instance will depend on the design and intended function of your database. You might, for example, have one button to tap for inserting a picture and a different one for inserting a signature. But you also might be using completely different layouts for each insert and then you only need to detect what layout is current in order for the script to determine which Insert From Device step to execute.

• 2. Re: Container Field does not allow FMGO to Select type
            episking

Yeah, I realize I can create 2 different fields, or use a script to determine which one to select, but I want the user to select which item they want to include in the container, like this:

• 3. Re: Container Field does not allow FMGO to Select type
              philmodjunk

I didn't suggest that you use two different fields but that you could use two different buttons. A popover can be set to open that displays the two buttons and the result will look very similar to what you show in your screen shot.

But you may be remembering just having the user tap the container field--which then opens an insert dialog where the user selects the insertion method.

PS. we do happen to have a section of this forum dedicated to FM GO questions available.... See the tabs at the top of this screen.wink

• 4. Re: Container Field does not allow FMGO to Select type
                episking

Ah yes.. popover button with options is not a bad way to go...  My apologies for mis-reading you... Seems like a couple of extra steps for each one of my fields, but it works.

Thanks again!

-EP