AnsweredAssumed Answered

Container fields -Word and excell files stored by reference on server hosted FM13 files

Question asked by mchancevet@gmail.com on Jul 9, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Container fields -Word and excell files stored by reference on server hosted FM13 files

Hello,

I am currently developing a solution for ~5 users. Last week our IT dept (university) finalized installation of FM13 Server for our use. I have successfully installed one of the critical files and accessed it from multiple terminals. Unfortunately word and excel files that I have stored as reference in container fields ( I need to be able to double click to open) on one terminal are inaccessible from another (file not found).

•           I suspect the relative path is different for each terminal ?
  •      
  •           The container files are hosted on an external server but it is a different server to the one the FM13 file is located on. I had imagined the relative pathway would be the same for each terminal.
  •      
  •           Will I have to relocate all files to folders on the FM 13 server host server?
  •      
  •           Can you launch a container file using a script step and access the filepath with a  get function?

Thanks,

Morgan

Outcomes