5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 6:18 AM by philmodjunk

Container full screen?

AndrewJudd

Title

Container full screen?

Anyone know if you can you click a container field and make it go full screen? Say you wanted to use your database to make a presentation for example? (Pro 13)

• 1. Re: Container full screen?
          philmodjunk

Set up a separate layout based on the same table. Put just the container field in this layout. Size the container field  and layout part to fill the body layout part from top to bottom and side to side. You'll probably want to remove the header and footer parts. Set all for auto-size anchors in the Inspector. On the very bottom of the Inspector's data tab, be sure to select the formatting options that will enlarge and reduce the container image to fit while maintaining proportions or make it optimized for interactive content if you will be presenting a movie clip or PDF with your window.

Now you can set up a button (and the container field itself can be set up as a button if you choose) on your original layout that uses New Window followed by Go To Layout to show the current container field contents in the new window. You can use get functions to get the dimensions of your screen and set the window dimensions to those dimensions. The container field will then expand or shrink to fit the dimensions of the new window.

• 2. Re: Container full screen?
            AndrewJudd

Thank you, that works pretty well. for some reason I am getting a slight gap at the bottom but otherwise good. I assume there is no way to minimise the dock (on a mac) and make the screen go dark etc. Like a slideshow would. I have added a step to hide the toolbar which helps a bit. 

• 3. Re: Container full screen?
              philmodjunk

I assume there is no way to minimise the dock (on a mac) and make the screen go dark etc.

An interesting question. FileMaker can perform system scripts such as Apple Script and these can interact with the Finder. I haven't used a Mac in years so I'm not a good source on this, but if you research an Applescript that can do the job, FileMaker can perform it and so this might actually be possible to do.

• 4. Re: Container full screen?
                AndrewJudd

Thanks Phil, this does the trick. but it doesn't make the full screen window go the max.. Good though! 

• 5. Re: Container full screen?
                  philmodjunk

Would you get a different result if you performed the applescript first and then opened the new window?