2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 11:50 AM by MilutinPetrovic

Container images and paths in text field

MilutinPetrovic

Title

Container images and paths in text field

Hello everybody! 

I have a small issue, I would like to as help about:

I have two field, a text one and a container one. I have created a following script:
      Set Field [Catalog::Picture; "imagewin:/C:/Program Files (x86)/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced/WEB/" &  Catalog::Picture Location 

I have connected the script with a buton, and now i just enter 1.jpg for example, and it shows in Container field.

The problem is when I go to the IWP, it just shows blank! Am I doing something wrong, or this just dont work?

Plese, plese, plese help! 

• 1. Re: Container images and paths in text field
          philmodjunk

As a test. what happens if you use Insert Picture to insert an image file from the web folder as a "by reference" image? Does the image in that container field show an image when you then use a web browser to access the database?

Is the file path you show the host system's web folder or the client's?

• 2. Re: Container images and paths in text field
            MilutinPetrovic

I found the answer to this one!

I inserted image in the container, and them made a calculation for the fild to display the command behind the insert, so there were two lines representing the location of the image first beeing the :

imagewin:/C:/Program Files (x86)/...

which I was allready using, but then I tryed, out of curiosity the :

image:../../../Program Files (x86)/...

path, and now it works like a charm! Altho there is a field where You just enter something like Image.jpg and another that has a calculation of a path. So now You just click a "Upload" button that has a few simple steps to bind all of the fields togeteher and shazam! 

It works just fine now!

As I said in another post, I am a newbie in a world of FileMaker, but I had some victories ower the las couple of days! :)

Cheers!