2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 6:06 AM by c.wagner1

Container issues

c.wagner1

Title

Container issues

This may be an issue with filemaker server so I might be posting this in the wrong forum.  I have a database hosted on FileMaker Server 13 (OS X 10.9).  The database has an interactive container field.  I access the database from a remote computer using filemaker pro 13 advanced (OS X 10.7).  When I try to drop a PDF on the container the container shows the following error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /Streaming/MainDB/FM-46D8BEE0-740C-4745-9BE9-A0B06537ACCA.pdf was not found on this server

Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) PHP/5.4.17 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.5 mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8y DAV/2 Server at 192.168.2.50 Port 80

Any Ideas as to what the issue is?  It does not seem to matter if the container is set to store info in the DB or externally.

Everything seems to work fine if it is not an interactive container.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: Container issues
          philmodjunk

There is a known issue with streaming content from a container field in a web published database that applies to both Instant Web Publishing and WebDirect. See if this bug applies to your situation:

For More Information see:     Contents streaming to internet is impossible over IWP

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

• 2. Re: Container issues
            c.wagner1

Thanks for the help Phil.  Turns out this was a deployment issue on server.  (Not even really Filemakers fault).  At some point websites got turned on in the OS X server app.  This activated OS X's implementation of Apache which was configured to operate on the same ports as Filemaker's internal version of Apache.  Filemaker serves interactive content as an HTTP stream.  When the client would request the interactive content on port 80, OS X, not Filemaker Server would reply and return the 404 error.

Chris