5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 7:12 PM by philmodjunk

Container Issues

ChrisJohnston

Title

Container Issues

I have added a part to the FileMaker Starter solution Assets to my solution. The part I am referring to is the picture area. I liked how it worked. I was able to make it do the same thing in my solution. Now that I am trying to do even more with it I realize there are a couple of things I don’t understand. I have setup my containers to have external storage (Open), so when I drag the pictures on the thumbnail size containers they do just that. To be clear they seem to populate my database then make there references to my setup locations. So now that I am trying to do more, I am setting these containers via scripts (e.g. Set Field). When I do a set field on any of these containers the result is not like the dragging of a file to them, it seems to store the container different. To be clear, when I populate the containers programmatically via Set Field it seem to replicate the container it was set from. I want them to do exactly what they do when data is dragged. What am I not understanding?