13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 11:55 AM by AngelaWebb

Contextual Image

AngelaWebb

Title

Contextual Image

Please see image. I have a contxctual image on the right side that when you click it pulls up the artifact (doll) on a slide layout. I would like it to pull up the contextual image. Does anyone know why it is doing this?

Thank for you help! Smile

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Contextual Image
          philmodjunk

Are you referring to the container field that is displaying the error message: "the file cannot be found"?

If so, it means exactly what it says. You have an inserted picture and the file path to the image file does not work for the current context. And FileMaker thus cannot find the file in order to open and display it in the container field.

To diagnose that issue, you'll need to describe your set up in much more detail.

What version of FileMaker are you using? FMP 12 or an earlier version ? (FMP has some new storage options for container fields.)

Do you have both mac and windows machines accessing this database?

• 2. Re: Contextual Image
            Sorbsbuster

Or do you mean that the image under the 'Contextual Image' title is not the same as the larger image in the left panel?

• 3. Re: Contextual Image
              AngelaWebb

The contexual image

When you click on it goes to the Doll image in Slide veiw. I need to go to the contextual image in Slide View. Thanks so much for your help! Wink

• 4. Re: Contextual Image
                philmodjunk

So clicking the image on lower right brings up the image at upper left in a new window or on a different layout?

This will be controlled by the design of your database. We'd need to know the scripts, tables and relationships involved before we can suggest a solution.

• 5. Re: Contextual Image
                  AngelaWebb

Here are the scripts and the slide show layout that it goes to.

• 6. Re: Contextual Image
                    AngelaWebb
                    /files/fbcfd743ae/Capture1.PNG 735x822
                    • 7. Re: Contextual Image
                      AngelaWebb

Slideshow layout

• 8. Re: Contextual Image
                        AngelaWebb

I am not sure how I can show you the whole table?

• 9. Re: Contextual Image
                          AngelaWebb

Here is the realtionship

• 10. Re: Contextual Image
                            philmodjunk

Here are the scripts

All you've shown me is that there is a script named "begin slideshow". I'd need to see the actual steps of that slide show. If you were to pull down the drop down list with the gear on it and select "edit" you'd get the script open in the script editor and then you may be able to do a screen capture of it.

The data in your table isn't likely to help much so don't worry about that. The relationship graph is a good start, but screen shots of layouts while in browse mode don't tell us much. The same layout captured in layout mode may reveal some details, but often it takes a written description identifying the table occurrence on which the layout is based and also the same for any portals in use.

If you go to the original layout from your very first screen shot, enter layout mode and open layout setup..., what do you see in "show records from"?

And defined in what table are the container fields for these images? Particularly the "doll" and "contextual" fields? KDCnew?

and are next1, next2, next3 additional table occurrences of KDCnew? (If so, hovering the mouse over the arrow in the top left corner will display the same info for all three and also for KDCnew.)

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
                            2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
                            3. If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
                            4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
                            • 11. Re: Contextual Image
                              AngelaWebb

Hi!

I change the images to contextual. It was a guess ; ) it did not work ; (

• 12. Re: Contextual Image
                                philmodjunk

You have not answered all of the questions that I asked.

Is the contextual image the only image you will view with this slide show?

Is the contextual image container ifeld defined in KDCnew? (It looks like it is, but want to be sure).

You have two different slide show layouts, "Slide Show" and "Slide Show 2" and which one is used depends on whether "side image" is empty or not.

(turns out that screen shot of your table is useful after all)

all but one of your records in you screen shot appear to have an empty "side image" field so it would appear that "Slide Show 2" is most often the layout  used to display the image so this is the layout where the container field on it should specfiy "contextual", but only if this layout is never used to display the other images in your other container fields.

You may need to create a copy of one of these layouts, modify it to display images from Contextual and then add a new script just for clicks on the Contextual field that uses this new layout for viewing the contextual image in larger format.

• 13. Re: Contextual Image
                                  AngelaWebb

I got it! You help so much. Thanks so much for you help! Smile