7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2014 2:12 PM by philmodjunk

Contracts Print without Contract Number

JosephRudd

Title

Contracts Print without Contract Number

Trying to print out contracts under FileMaker we get the contract without the "contract number or extra typed information"

This is via a Mac running 10.9.it appears to print find when on a PC computer.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I am not great with FileMaker.

• 1. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
          philmodjunk

I have a terrible time seeing things in my crystal ball most times.

So I'd need to know a great deal more about the design of your database and your layout before I could guess at an answer. If I took the time, I could probably come up with over a dozen reasons why data in a given field does not appear on the printed page...

Can you describe this issue in more detail?

Can you enter layout mode on the layout from which you are printing and upload a screen shot of that layout?

How do you print? by selecting Print from the file menu or by clicking a button?

Is this a file you created or one created by someone else that you are trying to figure out?

• 2. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
            JosephRudd

I wish that I had the crystal ball... The database bases were built before my time using FMP5, so i will do my best to answer your questions.

Is this a file you created or one created by someone else that you are trying to figure out? Created by someone else, in use many years.

How do you print? by selecting Print from the file menu or by clicking a button? YES, File Print, 

Can you enter layout mode on the layout from which you are printing and upload a screen shot of that layout? I'll try!

• 3. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
              philmodjunk

I can see that you have a file with a major need for anupgrade but it seems a good bet that we can at least rule out complications caused by script triggers as those where not an option back before FileMaker 10.

But I'm looking over this layout and I'm not sure that I can spot a field for a contract number. Which field is that on this layout?

I see two field labels that both read "Serial #" and another that reads "Ticket #2". Don't know if either or any of those are what you mean by a "contract number". Can you tell me which field holds the contract # that isn't printing here?

This also doesn't look like a layout that is really designed for printing. It looks like one more intended for data entry.

• 4. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
                philmodjunk

And your screen shot was taken in Browse Mode not Layout mode. sad

• 5. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
                  JosephRudd

Serial # shows the Contract number 18354

Is this a layout shot?

• 6. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
                    JosephRudd

Leaving for the day...

Will check emails a little later, thanks you for the assistance!!

• 7. Re: Contracts Print without Contract Number
                      philmodjunk

What version of FileMaker are you currently using? Knowing that can help me be more precise in instructions on what to check.

Here's one quick check you can make.

With the above record up on your screen, pull down the records menu and select "Show All Records" (Older versions say "Find All" if I remember accurately).

Pull the menu down again and select Omit record

Then pull the same menu down a third time and select "show omitted only".

This sets up a found set of just the one record and this can avoid some confusion with how you might preview or print this records.

Pull down the View menu and select Preview Mode.

Is the Contract number visible?