3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 3:38 PM by philmodjunk

control tab navigation

john9210

Title

control tab navigation

FM 12 Adv. I am using script triggers to leave a layout that has tab controls and when returning to the layout open the tab that was active before leaving the layout. The scrpt trigger on the tab control saves the tab name (object) in the varialble $$FrontTab. It works well. However, the layout script trigger (runs OnRecordEnter) does not. The script is:

If (not isEmpty($$FontTab)

Go to Object (Object Name: $$FrontTab)

End if

Script degugger shows the script sucessfully goes to the Go to Object step as it should but the layout doesn't open the tab. I opens the default control tab instead. It should open to the object name in $$FrontTab.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: control tab navigation
          philmodjunk

I see an error in what you posted. See the different spelling used for the variable names? If those are also the case in your actual script, it could explain the results that you are getting.

If (not isEmpty($$FontTab)

Go to Object (Object Name: $$FrontTab)

End if

• 2. Re: control tab navigation
            john9210

Opps! I have a typo in the posting, not the script. The posting should read:

If (not isEmpty($$FrontTab)

• 3. Re: control tab navigation
              philmodjunk

When you check this in the debugger, do you have the data viewer open so that you can see the value of the variable at the time the script executes? The next troubleshooting step is to compare that text to the text entered into the inspector's Name box in order to give the tab panel an object name.

Note: the tab label is NOT the object name, you have to specifically name the panel in the inspector in order to give it an object name.